Questions and answers will be posted here as they arrive.
“Meaningful Use” objectives spell out what activities provider
practices must complete with their electronic health records to
• Qualify for incentive payments of up to $64,000 under the HITECH Act
• Prepare to meet upcoming requirements for EHR use and reporting to the Center
for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Please visit the CMS website
for more information regarding Meaningful Use Objectives.
Your practice can work with ADHS to meet the “Meaningful Use”
objective of using your EHR system to directly submit immunization data from the
electronic patient record to ASIIS (Arizona State Immunization Information System).
Please click on the Attestation tab of this website for more information.
Interoperability between your EHR and ASIIS can achieve the
• No more duplicate immunization data entries!
• Seamless entry and retrieval of immunization data to and from ASIIS
• Immediate and accurate availability of complete immunization histories
• Improved efficiency with Quality Assurance activities
Please click on the 'EHR Interoperability' tab for more information.
Yes! Provider office EHR systems will be able to directly:
• Update patient immunization records & demographics in ASIIS
• Request or query for patient immunization records in ASIIS
• Receive messages from ASIIS answering the request for immunization records as
Attestation (described above) is an easy and automated process
that documents, or confirms, that a practice has the capability to send an electronic
message (HL7 messages) to the Arizona Department of Health Services Immunization
Program Office. Attestation is necessary to meet Stage 1 Meaningful use and incentives.
- A return message that the patient was located and the entire immunization history
was sent to the EHR.
- A return message that more than one record was located in ASIIS and all the records
are returned for the practice to review and select from.
EHR Interoperability initiates data exchange between practice EHRs and ASIIS. Interoperability
eliminates duplicate immunization data entry for ASIIS reporting and provides practices
with missing immunization histories. Participation in the EHR interoperability with
ASIIS meets Meaningful Use and incentive requirements. Participating practices need
to have sufficient Information Technology capacity and support to work with ADHS
staff on achieving successful message (HL7 message) transmission.
Please prepare a sample test file file and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please avoid
submitting real patient data at this time.
You can download the Rapid Transport Tool
and then follow the
Please contact the Arizona Immunization Program Office ASIIS Hotline at 877-491-5741 or email@example.com if you have any questions.